Wednesday 25 May 2011

Sparkles, feathers and rhinestones!

So your interested in my burlesque blog.. my stage name is Nenedhel Absynthium and yes I perform burlesque.. but enough about me.. I am going to tell you what burlesque is as I am sick of people mis-understanding it.. any burly ladies that see this and want to add anything just let me know!

What is Burlesque you ask?
It is a very old art, originated in Britan over 100 years ago... around the 1840's. The term Burlesque means to parody or satirise. The performances relied on mockery and played to the audience's desire for laughter and lust. as it was used by the working class to mock the culture and ideals of the higher standings. Soon after a burlesque troupe travelled over to America and made it big over there with their rather risque performances and so The Strip-tease was born. Today it is full of comedy, sensual shows and women (also men yes boylesk does exists) loving themselves for who they are and their body and in doing so the auidence to loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment